Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sunday at the Brad

Yesterday, Ryan and Zak got up to Camden for a solid 20 mile/5 hour mountain run, so I took the day off, which worked out perfectly fine given that I'd run the past 4 days. Then this morning, after a bit of middle of the night chaos that involved the monitor heater beeping with some sort of error and me stepping on cat puke in the dark (um, gross!) as I tried to sort it out, I got up early and headed over to the Brad for today's run.

Word on the street was that conditions on the mountain side were pretty decent (at least the prior morning), so I figured I'd hit that side of the park given that I had just been out on the powerlines with the ladies on Friday. It was a beautiful crisp, clear morning with blue skies and little wind. The trail underfoot was crunchy, crispy and uneven but packed nonetheless. I ended up with 7 summits in my 12 miles, doing a lot of up, down and around in various loops. I tried the Connector but found it too soft and little traveled after the first bridge so turned around and stuck to the main park trails for the rest of the run. While this wasn't the quickest run, I felt solid and it was good to get in some hills! Had the trails almost entirely to myself. Lovely.




Of course, I came home to find Ryan feeling awful and he spent the rest of the day on the couch dozing on and off in a feverish state, so it's not all rainbows and candy here, but hey, what can you do? Such is life ;)

No comments: