Friday, May 2, 2014

Running and Biking

No, I haven't taken up biking. But Sam has :-) I got her a really cute big kid bike last fall, but it was just too big for her. So, we put it aside until the spring. OK, still too big, and heavy, for her. She just didn't have the power to push the pedals and get anywhere without us having to help her every pedal and a half. So, she went back to her tricycle. But I know she really wanted to be able to bike around with the neighborhood kids (who are, of course, all bigger and older than she is), so when I saw a cute mini big kid bike at Target the other day on sale, I decided to get it. It is very cute, and Ryan won 'father of the year' award setting it up last night so that she could test it out. And what do you know? She could pedal it right away! Hallajulah! She was so proud of herself. It really was very adorable.

She and I took the bike out for another spin tonight. She did really well and got a little braver and faster, resulting in a few falls, but she got back up every time and right back on the bike. She isn't the most coordinated little kid but she's getting there :-)

Happy biker

Taking Baby Thistle for a ride

Tongue out in concentration :-)

This probably makes me a bad mom, but this video makes me laugh :)
Don't worry, she was fine, and really, she is doing great on the bike!

I did get out for a good run this afternoon. It was so nice to be warm! Temps were right around 60. Wow. I headed out on the Mt. A. trails to Highland Green and took the trail around the Heath and down to the river. The river was very full, and the water was roaring through the rapids. Always fun. I ran nice and easy, just enjoying the dry trails and being out in the woods. A little bit of greenery is appearing on the forest floor and I saw several patches of trailing arbutus. Hurray! I love coming across the spring wildflowers in the woods :-) Got in 6 miles in 1:00:xx.



No comments: