Friday, May 16, 2014

Morning and Afternoon

6:00 am run yesterday around the block, with the additional cart path/Heath/Quarry loop added in. I had originally intended to run hills, because I realize that is probably what my training has been lacking in regard to the TARC 50, but you know, what I'm really hoping for is to make it through another 50 mile week this week without getting hurt or overtired, and as I haven't been doing any real workouts like speed or hills the past few months, why start now? So, I ran a "speedy" (I'm talking the last two miles in low 8:00s here, people ;) ) 4 miles instead.

Today, I worked until noon, ran a few errands, then came home and cleaned the house, plus washed the downstairs windows inside and out, which definitely needed it! Then at 3:00 pm, I rushed out of the house for my run. I ran a slightly modified Snowplug loop. It was warm out - whew! Up to 70! - so I brought my handheld. Did I really need it? Probably not, but I figure staying hydrated can't hurt. I tried to keep the pace fairly steady but enjoyable, but those singletrack miles just don't come quickly. I also did take some time to enjoy the woods, which are slowly but surely greening up. Saw a lot of trailing arbutus, wild oats, wood anemone, purple and white violets, ferns, false lily of the valley, plus one ladyslipper not quite in bloom, the first painted trillium of the season (yah!) and a Black & White Warbler  - very cool! Made me very happy. Got in a nice 6 miles for the afternoon.

No comments: