Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Morning

Mist rising off the river. Catbird calling. Bunny hopping. Woods greening. What a lovely morning for a 6:00 am run on the trails. Got in a nice five miles down to the Cathance and back.

This is the week of early morning runs. Tuesday's 6:00 am three miler was a bit of a run against the clock - I really had to get to a bathroom, and I had passed all three (!) port-a-potties on the route at a little less than a mile when I didnt' need them. Sigh. Got in a bit of an inadvertent progression run :-)

The plan is for 10 miles at the crack of dawn (or before) tomorrow morning, then my long run on Friday. This will ensure that I get in my needed miles before Ryan takes off for Acadia for the TMR running weekend. Sam has swim class on Saturday, and then she and I are going to hang out with my sister and Morgan for the afternoon and have an early dinner with them. I really want to get up to Acadia with Sam this year, but after much discussion we decided the TMR weekend wasn't really the right weekend for it. Another time, when we have less collective miles to run ;)

No comments: