Thursday, April 24, 2014

Tapering

Not a whole lot of running going on this week in an effort to feel rested for Saturday's TARC Spring Classic.

Got out Tuesday morning at 6:00 am for 3 miles around the block. Relatively uneventful and nothing exciting.

Got out yesterday for 5 miles down to the river and back. Ryan asked me why I was running so far, as if 5 miles is a lot :-) Ha. Just wanted a change of pace and I haven't been out on the Cathance trails in a while. As I came out of the woods onto Mountain Road yesterday, the sun was rising through the mist. Very pretty. Out in the woods things are still a bit mushy out there in many spots, but all of the snow is melted - hurray! The river was high, but not quite as high as I would have imagined. I'm thinking the trails should be back in decent shape next week, I hope. Looking forward to getting back out there again for some more miles!

Planning on a mellow 3 tomorrow morning too, then it's off to work for the morning, with running around to get all packed up and ready to go on tap for the afternoon so we can head to MA tomorrow night. Looks like there is going to be a great group of Trail Monsters at the race - what fun! Wish the weather forecast was looking a bit more cheery - right now weather.com is calling for 90% rain with a low of 38 and a high of 45. Ugh. But what can you do? Just get out there and run!

No comments: