Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Six at Six

Up and out at 6:00 am this morning for my run. It was dreary and blustery. I repeated Sunday's run, except that on the trip home I went on the trails through the Mt. A. woods instead of up and over Mt. A itself. Should have stuck to the hills. The low lying trails were very soggy and soft, and I was postholing through the mud and sand. Needs a bit more time to dry out, for sure!

The run went well, and I felt good throughout. Saw a cute little porcupine off the edge of the top of the Mt. A. road, and then the first red-spotted newt of the season along hole #5. He was just poised there, motionless, at the edge of the cart path. I stopped to say hello, and pondered moving him. Decided not to, but then a few minutes later when I saw two women and their dogs running the cart path in the other direction, I wished I had. Hope they didn't smush him! Also saw a Hairy Woodpecker, Northern Flicker and the first pair of Phoebes for the season. Nice early morning run!

No comments: