Monday, April 7, 2008

Quick Run

Went for a quick 3-mile run this morning on the same route as Friday's run. There had been a pretty heavy frost overnight and the snow on the backside of the Mt. Ararat hill was nicely packed at 6:45am. I'm taking it easy this week before the Merrimack River race on Saturday, and will probably just do two other short mellow runs mid-week before the race. I'm hoping that Snowman will be joining me in running the race as planned, but we'll just have to play it by ear and see how he's feeling.

After my run, we headed to Portland to drop my parents off at the airport. We had a nice, if brief, visit with them this weekend, and ended up spending about 4 hours in Freeport on Sunday! Talk about power shopping :-) Snowman and I found a few things at LL Bean, a pair of trail shoes for Snowman and a new sun hat for me, and Mom and Dad did their part to stimulate the Maine economy!

No comments: