Thursday, April 17, 2008

Early Run

The birds and Ronnie woke me up at 4:30 this morning. There is at least one male cardinal in our "woods" who has been singing his heart out. Add in a few robins, and they're pretty noisy. I did go back to sleep for a bit, but headed out the door at 6:15 for a quick run. I had originally planned to run a longer run yesterday morning, but couldn't quite get myself out of bed. So a short 3-mile run today before heading into work, and a 6-miler tomorrow should round out the week nicely. Today I headed out onto the trails around Mt. Ararat. These, combined with a bit of running on the powerlines and up the road to the tower, make for a good loop. The snow has completely melted off the backside of the Mt. Ararat hill, but there are still some pretty big and deep pockets of it in the woods. These required a bit of maneuvering, but all told, it was nice to be back in the woods. A beautiful morning too!

No comments: