Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mid-Week Runs

It has been an absolutely gorgeous week here along the coast of Maine! Wow! Warm and sunny, not a cloud in the sky. Can't beat it.

After the long run on Monday, I went for a short 3-miler Tuesday morning over on the powelines across the street. Just a few small patches of snow, and a fair bit of mud, remain. Other than that, pretty dry. My quads were a bit sore and overall I felt a bit stiff, but nothing too much to complain about.

I took yesterday off, and headed over to the Commons this morning for a 5-mile out and back. Ran into Nate and Kevin, who were headed out as I was headed in. They got an early start! It was a nice mellow run on a beautiful morning. I can't wait to start seeing the ladyslippers come up in a few weeks, but for now, I contented myself with listening to the birds sing and taking in the bright greens of the skunk cabbage and the hints of red in the budding trees.

No comments: