Monday, January 28, 2008

Windy Day at Pinelands

After a trip to Scarborough to pick up 3 5-gallon jugs of some sort of Auto Road machinery oil (who knows?!) for Snowman's work, we fought our way up the Turnpike against the wind to Pinelands to get in a bit of a ski today. Although extremely windy, it was a beautiful day. Not too cold and very clear. We could see the snow-covered Presidentials from the Pineland wax room as we suited up. Nice! We headed across the street to the Oak Hill trails, and although the fields were very wind-blown and it didn't seem that they had groomed the tracks, the skiing was pretty good. Only a patch or two of ice, and good coverage. I was of two minds during the ski today. Part of me was feeling pretty sluggish and a bit out of whack from not only being sick, but from not having skiied for two weeks, while part of me was happy to be out breathing the fresh air and enjoying the winding trails. We only skiied for about 45 minutes, but it felt like a good workout and I was glad to be out on my skis again. Hopefully I'll feel a bit more lively tomorrow for Nordic Meisters!

No comments: