Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Nordic Meisters #3

Well, this is actually week #4 for Nordic Meisters, but as I was home sick last week, it's my week #3 :-) Snowman had a meeting in Lincoln this morning, so I made the drive over to Great Glen myself. Couldn't miss two weeks in a row! It was a beautiful morning, complete with a glimpse of the Pressies as I crested the hill in Hebron. And the views from Great Glen were even better! Blue skies and wonderful scenery, made even better by no wind and moderate temps. And the snow coverage was great. Pretty fast conditions. Can't beat it. I finished in 24:40, which I was pretty happy about considering I'm still recovering from this cold that just does not want to quite go away. Maybe it was the new poles! Nate gave me a great deal on a set of last year's poles that just happened to be my size. Nice and light. A good upgrade from the pair I've been using the past few years.

After my ski, I met up with Kim and little baby Nolan, and we all went out for a mellow spin around the fields, Nolan enjoying the ride in his pulk and Kim getting in an extra workout pulling him around! It was great to catch up with Kim, who I haven't seen for a while.

No comments: