Saturday, January 19, 2008

Three Cheers for the Best Husband Ever!

I would like to publically thank Snowman for being the best husband ever...

The simple reason why is that Northwest Airlines should be called NorthWORST, and Snowman saved the day.

The longer version of the story is as follows:

The alarm went off on Friday at the ungodly hour of 3:30. It was snowing, but not hard. I went downstairs, checked both the Northwest website and the Jetport website. I also called Northwest and their phone system said my flight was to be on time. So, into the shower I went, and then dragged poor Snowman out of bed. We were out the door around 4:15. Road conditions were not the greatest, but Snowman was driving and we arrived at the airport at 5:05. I got into line and waited... and waited... we were not moving. Finally an offical looking person came out and said the flight had been cancelled and that they would be taking us one at a time to try to get us to Detroit. What? All the other airlines seemed to be leaving. Stupid NWA! UGH! So, I called Snowman. He said he would turn around and come back to get me. Best husband ever! In the meantime, I got on the phone with NWA. The woman I spoke with, after much brutal on-hold music, said, well, our system indicates your flight is only delayed. I said, well, an offical here is saying it's cancelled. I want to get another flight and get to Seattle. After another hold, I was told there was a flight out of Boston at 9:04. It was now 5:45. Snowman said, let's go! Best husband ever! So into the car and onto the road... Meanwhile, weather-wise, it's snowing, raining and is pitch black out. And we were headed toward Boston on a week-day during the morning commute. Brilliant! I spent most of the ride hiding behind my hands and feeling very stressed. However, to his credit, my most wonderful husband ever got me to the airport by 8:00, and I got checked in and through security with enough time to get in line to board. I was on my way to Seattle! Yeah! Then, after he dropped me off poor Snowman headed to NH to a meeting at work. Best husband ever, don't you think?

No comments: