Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Nordic Meisters #2

What a change in the weather from last Tuesday! We got hit with another snowstorm yesterday, during which Snowman and I took a lazy snow day and stayed inside reading and watching episodes of "The Long Way Round," a "movie" about Ewan McGregor and his friend Charley's trip on motorcycles around the world. Pretty interesting and entertaining too. Anyway, this morning I was up bright and early in an effort to dig our cars out so we could get on the road up to Great Glen for week #2 of Nordic Meisters. I'd say we got about a foot of snow, all light and fluffy. Very nice! The ride up took a while, due to road conditions and the fact that many people just don't know how to drive in the snow. Arghhhh. However, my mood lightened as we headed toward the notch. How could I not smile? A blue sky day with a few wispy clouds, not much wind, and the Presidentials shimmering above the snow-covered evergreens. And I was headed to ski! The ski went well. Definitely faster than last week. I was able to double pole and double pole kick more often. My kick wax didn't grip up Grumpy, the big hill on the way out into the system, but on Dragon, things started to fall into place and I even managed to pass Rosemary during her skate ski (of course, she'd already done her classic race, so she was tired!). Unofficial time: 25:36, but you'll just have to check the results to see... I went out for a nice cool-down ski after the race, to enjoy the beautiful snow and the gorgeous views. Can't complain today!

No comments: