Thursday, December 19, 2013

What the Heck are People Doing on the Road at 5:55 am?

Or perhaps the better question is what was I doing running on the roads at 5:55 am? Well, sometimes you just do what you have to do. And I, 1) wanted to give my body a break from snowshoeing, and 2) had to get a newsletter out at 7:00 am, hence the 5:55 start time. But seriously, why were so many people on the road at that time of the morning? I was very surprised. I obviously haven't been running roads very much recently :-) I took the Connector down to Highland Green Road, and after the turn-off things quieted down quite a bit although there were still a few cars driving around. Guess the 55+ crowd gets up early around here! Ran the normal 5-mile loop. It was decent screwshoe running actually, and a nice morning to be out. Bright moon and bright stars. No real sunrise to speak of though - too early! Ha.

For the final mile, I decided to take the powerlines instead of run the Connector again. A bit of a mistake, or just one heck of slow mile! Not packed at all and the screwshoes didn't do much to help. Ah well. It was worth a test! Need to get some snowmobilers out there to pack things down nicely for me!

No comments: