Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Snowy Run

I spent yesterday afternoon working on our Christmas shopping. I really am not a shopper, and although it's fun to pick up things for Sam, otherwise, I'd rather be doing almost anything than battling the crowds and wandering around trying to find the perfect gifts for anyone! After 3 hours of shopping, all I wanted was to go for a run and be out in the quiet of the woods. Running is much more my speed :-) So I quickly got everything put (or hidden) away, changed into my running clothes and headed out around 3:15.

There were a few inches of snow on the ground, and snow continued to fall as I ran along. I ran the Heath loop, enjoying the winter wonderland out in the woods - snow-covered pine trees, lots of tracks to look at on the ground, and a muted yet beautiful view out across the Heath through the snow. Ahhh... Got in a nice, if rather slow, 4.25 miles, and with that, the day righted itself a bit :-)

No comments: