Sunday, December 8, 2013

7 at 7

Sometimes I wonder why I am setting the alarm for yet another early morning wake-up so that I can start my day off with a run. Especially at this time of year. It's cold and dark, and above all, I'm not training for anything. Why get out and run? Well, I guess I do it because I can hardly handle NOT doing it :-) That's as good a reason as any, right?! Please say right :-) That, and there's nothing like an early morning run out on the trails, meandering the singletrack along the river, listening to the water rushing over the rocks, stopping to look for ice pancakes (didn't see any! darn!), feet sinking into the deep hoar frost, the woods quiet, my mind wandering, emptying, just being. Got in a lovely 7 miles this morning before heading south to hang with Morgan and Sam while Kristen finished up her holiday shopping. After some time spent playing inside, we set off into the woods to find enough snow to sled on down at the hill in the dog park. Never did find enough, but we had a fun time exploring out in the woods!

Off on our adventure - and yes, the sled went with us the whole way!

Cute cousins

Having fun in the woods

What fun!

No comments: