Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Mid-Afternoon

Was happy to find myself with a lull this afternoon. There should never be so much work to be done that a run can't be worked into the schedule! Plus, it was just too nice out to sit at my computer for the rest of the afternoon. So I suited up and headed out across the street. It felt spring-like out - the air was warm and the trails were mushy beneath my feet. I was surprised at how much things had melted. The ground had all the variations that I think of in early spring - part frozen sand and dirt, part mud, part stream, a bit of ice here and there in the shaded parts. I ran the trails out to Highland Green and then took the cart paths the rest of the way. There were a number of people out walking and enjoying the beautiful afternoon. And why not? It certainly was lovely! I came home with a smile on my face, 6 miles under my belt, a pair of muddy Inov-8s and lots of mud splashes on the back of my tights. Perfect!

No comments: