Friday, December 20, 2013

6:00 Spin Around the Block

I feel a little bit lost in my running at the moment. I don't have a training plan in the works. I am not signed up for a spring race yet. I may or may not still be recovering from Stonecat, but either way I'm not feeling fast or fit at the moment. The trails aren't great for running right now, and neither are the roads. Snowshoeing is good, but I don't love it as much as I love just plain running. So, I lacked motivation to get out of bed this morning. But as the day went on with all of its hecticness, I decided I really could use a run. The time available was 6:15 pm, shortly after Sam and I had eaten dinner and once Ryan got home, so I got myself dressed, put on my reflective gear and headed out into the mist and light rain for a spin around the block. It was only 3 miles, it was dark and I managed to freak myself out running through the neighborhoods, but it was a run and it sure felt good. Somehow it seems like those who might cause trouble just can't be bothered to be out of bed at 6:00 am, but it's different at night. I definitely feel much better running as the sun comes up, so I'll have to keep that in mind when I next don't want to get out of bed! ;)


No comments: