Sunday, July 7, 2019

Rest of Recovery Week

Thursday was a travel day, with us up at 4:30 am and not home until after 9:00 pm. Long day, but travel went fairly smoothly at least. We left Reno after seeing a gorgeous sunrise over the edge of the mountains on the way into the airport, and all five of us took the same flight to Chicago. There, Mom, Dad and Sam headed to NC and Ryan and I headed home to Maine. Sam will spend the next 2 weeks at camp Neenie and Pip πŸ˜ƒ, eating watermelon, swimming in the pool, going to the beach, getting ice cream and Boombalatti's and enjoying summer! It makes me so happy that she gets to spend this time with my parents - so special πŸ’–πŸ’–

So far this is the only photo we've received, but she looks pretty happy with this big ol' piece of watermelon! πŸ’œπŸ‰

Friday, I woke up pretty early due to the time change and headed over to the Cathance for a morning walk. Back to the regular haunts, and not to mention the humidity and deer flies πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ The river is still flowing pretty well! (2.0 miles walked)




The rest of the day was spent doing laundry, unpacking and organizing, going to the farmer's market for fresh goodies, the grocery store to refill the fridge and the feed store for birdseed 🐦, as well as working on my race report.

Saturday was probably the only real lazy day of the week, as even Thursday doesn't really count since traveling takes a lot of work and we actually walked quite a bit around Chicago during our 3 hour layover there! The cats woke me up around 4:00 am so I got up to feed them so they'd leave me alone πŸ˜‰, and when I got back to bed Ryan was snoring like crazy so I took my pillow downstairs to lie on the couch for a bit in the hopes that I could get a bit more sleep. Didn't end up waking up until 9:00 am! And then I stayed in my PJs until 3:00 pm πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I did do more laundry, unload the dishwasher, clean the house and finally finished my race report, so I'm not saying it was completely unproductive, but still! It really was the perfect day for a lazy day though, as it was insanely hot and humid out and even a walk would have been brutal!

Yup...

Then, after I finally got into the shower, we headed over to Frontier for drinks and dinner. Cheers! 🍸🍹


This morning, we headed over to Bradbury so that Ryan could run with the Sunday old school group run group and I could take a nice walk. It was beautiful out, with cool temps, no bugs and low humidity. Perfect morning to be out in the woods! I looped around the mountain side a few times for two summit trips and felt good. It was fun to catch up with friends before and after their run too! (4.0 miles walked)


Then it was off for a big ice cream sundae to finish up the eat.all.the.things recovery week, followed up by a salad for lunch and then onto beers at Moderation. Yup, living it up! Gotta have a little fun while the kid's away πŸ˜ƒ

Ice cream

Then beer! 🍻

Planning to hold off on running until the middle of the week, but truly am feeling pretty good! I know that might change once I get back to running but for now, I'm going to say that this has been a pretty good 100 mile recovery so far!

No comments: