Wednesday, July 31, 2019

End of July

It sure is feeling like summer around here. Hot and steamy, muggy and heavy. Whew! I guess if there was any month to have a down month, this was it. Only 75 miles this month, but I did hit just over 1,300 miles for the year so far during today's run, so that makes me happy!

Tuesday it was up and out into the misty foggy morning for a run along the powerlines. Feels like temp was only 64 but the humidity was 98% and the dew point was almost as high as the temp. Heavy, heavy! Two deer, four towhees calling, blueberries and raspberries and brilliant orange wood lilies amidst the greenery in the morning mist. Very pretty! (5.4 miles)





Love how the lilies rise out of the grasses


This morning was yet another muggy morning. Ran a loop around Highland Green and Canam. Saw two fawns, one deer separately, one northern flicker and had a whole lot of deer flies following me. Bzzzz! Annoying little buggers! Pretty fiery sunrise though, and a good morning to wear the Western States tank that I got in my swag bag! (6.0 miles)


So sweaty!

The legs have been feeling decent if still a bit heavy (although perhaps that is also partly due to the ridiculously steamy weather we've been having!) and now that July is done, I'll be working on building back up my mileage over the nextmonth. Ghost Train remains on tap for mid-October and while my intent when I signed up way back in January was to do the 100, I am giving myself the grace to see how things shake out over the next 6 weeks before I decide for sure what my body and mind are up for! 

No comments: