Sunday, October 29, 2017

Quiet Weekend

Spent some time yesterday packing and organizing and pondering and agonizing over all my Pinhoti gear ;) Traveling to a 100 mile race by plane makes things extra tricky! I'm planning on carrying my shoes, pack and race day clothes in my carry-on and am just hoping that all the salt tabs and gels I've packed make it through security in my regular suitcase without too much issue!!

Sam had an afternoon playdate, so after getting some things done around the house and working on race stuff, Ryan and I headed over to the Cathance for a short walk. It was much too nice out to not get out and enjoy the day on a non-run taper day!


This morning, I slept in as much as the cats would allow, had a leisurely breakfast and cup of coffee and got Sam settled on the couch before heading out for a short run. I guess tapering does have its advantages!

It was overcast and rather dreary, spitting rain and heavy out, but there is subtle beauty to be found in the woods on days like this - colors always seem to sparkle a bit more against a grey sky. A nice easy run on the leaf-covered trails through the woods and down along the river. (6.1 miles)





No comments: