Saturday, October 21, 2017

15 Days!

November 4th is officially showing in the 15 day forecast.


My brain alternates between "Sh*t!," "Eeekkk!" and "Yay!" I am not sure which is winning. It seems to be a solid tie between excitement, fear and the thrill and nerves of the known/unknown. I've run a 100 before. I know I can do it. I've put in the work. I am super excited to explore a new trail and run a point-to-point race as a new adventure. It's a privilege to be out running ultras in this topsy turvy world and I will never take for granted how lucky I am to be able to do so. But I also know what I am getting into, at least in the bigger sense of the word, so I know it will be hard, that there are no guarantees, that it might not be pretty, that I might want to cry or curl up by the side of the trail, and that there will no doubt be suffering, albeit self-imposed. So "Sh*t! Eeekkk! Yay!" 15 days!

In terms of weather, if this forecast holds, I'll be more than happy. But regardless, Pinhoti 100, it's getting real!

---

Slept in a bit today and headed out around 7:20 for a lollygag down to the river and back, stopping to take lots of photos and just enjoy the morning. Beautiful out. Saw two deer, one of which bounded right across the trail about 3 feet in front of me! (5.5 miles)

Cotton sedge, the Heath

Fallen leaves, flowing waters

A lot of the maples are past peak but this bunch is still looking brilliant!

Love the contrast

So beautiful

Flowing Waters, the Cathance
7 Days of Black and White (5/7)

No comments: