Sunday, December 22, 2019

Tis The Season!

Thankful it is a down week this week, as I have a ton on my to-do list leading up to my parent's visit and Christmas, work has been really busy, the weather has been dark and cold and running is taking a bit more effort than usual! I didn't sleep well on Sunday night, awake for 2 1/2 hours in the middle of the night.... yawn! 😴 ... so I decided to get a little extra sleep Monday night and didn't get up for an early morning run on Tuesday morning. That meant running on the indoor track during swim practice in the evening. Actually, I don't mind it much, except that I'm not sure my legs like the tight turns a whole lot, and 65 laps is a lot! The Coros once again measured more than 5 miles. Who knows? (5.7 miles)

It snowed through the evening on Tuesday and into the early morning hours on Wednesday so I made the decision not to go out on the roads in the dark and snow in an effort to be safe. Which meant another night of indoor running. Yay me!? 😝 Chose the treadmill this time, which was so much more painful than the indoor track! Warmed up for a mile then did 5x 3:00 on/3:00 off, with the "on" comfortably hard. Except the treadmills are apparently set to turn off after 35 minutes so I only got through some of the sets and then had to restart the machine and get back up to speed again. Sigh. Ah well. Finished up with a little over 6 miles per my calculations but the watch said 6.3 miles. Once again, who knows? Regardless, I also was incredibly sweaty. Definitely moreso than I get on the track! (6.3 miles)

Took Thursday off and then headed out as it was getting light on Friday morning. Decided to stick to roads mostly due to time but also because the trails are likely pretty sketchy now that all the puddles left behind from this past weekend's rains have inevitably frozen and are covered with a few inches of fine, loose snow. It was really cold out and I should have worn another layer on my legs. Brrrr! But at least it was calm out. Sidewalks were variable conditions but mostly decent as I ran through town and looped up along the bike path. Wasn't feeling a lot of umph but oh well. (7.3 miles)

Spent a bit of time after the run getting things crossed off my to-do list at home and then Ryan and I headed to the noon showing of Star Wars Rise of the Skywalker. So good, but seriously intense and I totally cried, like literal tears streaming down my face.

Was all geared up heading into the weekend ready to cross the rest of the chores off the list, get in some more miles and watch Sam's swim meet on Saturday morning and then bam! Woke up feeling sick and had to run right into the bathroom early on Saturday morning. 😷 Ugh. Could barely even more from the couch, I was feeling so awful so I sadly sent Ryan and Sam off without me and dozed on and off all morning. Had a bit of a revival after having some saltines and gatorade and managed to help with a bit of the dusting and present wrapping but then promptly got sick again after trying some chicken noodle soup for dinner. Apparently, broth has become a no no! Gah. 😰 So frustrating!

Sam had a great swim meet and a lot of fun. I was just so sorry to have to miss it! And Ryan and Sam were both so helpful throughout the afternoon, helping get things done. I am a lucky lady 💗

Getting ready to cheer for her friend as their heat starts 💜

Went to bed early and felt so much better upon waking up! Managed a bit of breakfast and will keep my fingers crossed that whatever I had was just a quick virus or some sort of food poisoning. My parents arrive later this morning and we have a whole host of fun on the menu so I here's hoping!!

No comments: