Friday, December 27, 2019

Taking A Deep Breath

A few quieter days in between Christmas #1 and Christmas #2...

Up Thursday morning and out for a run on the roads around Highland Green and Canam. Stomach was definitely feeling a bit off still from whatever hit me on Saturday and all the Christmas cheer from the day before, so just took it nice and easy. (6.0 miles)

Later in the morning, we dropped Mom and Dad at the airport for their trip to Texas to see Kristen, Rob and Morgan, and then the three of us went home and collapsed on the couch 😂😴 Thankfully we had already planned a late afternoon excursion, or I think we would have all just remained comatose for the rest of the day 😉 We met up with the McDostie clan at Bolos for an afternoon of bowling and snacks, with a visit to Gelato Fiasco for the girls to top it all off. It was the perfect way to unwind after a busy few holiday days and we all had a blast bowling and laughing and chatting together. Oh, and I think the kids ate about 6 bowls of chips too 😂







Everyone slept in on Friday morning. It was cold and icy out with the promise of rain on the way and I wasn't feeling super motivated to get out and run, so I spent some time getting things done, like paying bills, dropping the recycling off at the dump and hitting the grocery store for a few items. Then I came home and procrastinated a bit more 😜 before I finally headed out into the cold rain. Wore my screwshoes and hit the cart paths. Conditions were sketchy to say the least, and even screwshoes don't do much on wet ice, so it wasn't the fastest run but despite that, I felt more like myself, for which I am grateful. (6.0 miles)

Back home for some cleaning, pumpkin bread baking and game playing before we get packed up and ready to head south tomorrow morning for Christmas #2!

No comments: