Sunday, June 23, 2019

Happy Summer!

Happy Summer!

Friday was the last day of school. Crazy that Sam will be a 5th grader next year. How time flies! Truly. 


Ryan joined me on a short run down to the river and back after I dropped Sam off at beforecare. It was raining and soggy and heavy and the bog bridges were covered in green ice (don't slip! 😱) but the company was good 😀 And I realized once I got back and downloaded my run that I hit 1,100 miles for the year on this run! Woohoo. I'll take it!! (5.2 miles)

After the run, I ran around for a few hours getting chores done while Ryan worked at home and then we picked Sam up at school and headed out for a celebratory lunch, joined by Anne, Thistle, Kristen and Phil this year, for a fun hibachi experience! The kids had a blast and the food was delish! The perfect way to wrap up a school year and celebrate the start of summer! 💛




I laughed when I saw this post later in the afternoon. So true 😂😂

And I was so touched when I picked up the mail and found a pre-race care package from sweet Annie 💗💗 Such a good friend and such a wonderful gift! Thank you, Ann!! The believe bunny will go into my pack with my other good luck charm and I put the bracelet on right away to enjoy and try out 😀


The cats got me up early on Saturday but I didn't rush to get out for my run and finally headed out the door around 7:00 am. A nice morning for a run along the river. So much water - on the trails, in the river, in my shoes! 😂 Three deer and one snowshoe hare seen, plus some lovely cow vetch, sheep laurel and morning glories blooming alongside the sweet smelling hay scented ferns out on the powerlines. (10.0 miles)


Run Happy 💖





Sunday was a swim meet day! We've missed this meet the past two years because we've traditionally gone up to Acadia the weekend after school gets out. With our Western States trip this year we, rather sadly, decided that staying around this weekend would be a bit more practical, but we did book our trip for the end of the summer up to the island so we won't be missing out entirely on the island magic, and of course we've got some CA magic coming right up!💗

After dropping Sam off for warm-ups and getting our chairs situated, I realized I had forgotten to grab cash from my wallet before we left, which we needed to buy an event program and for concession snacks, of course 😜 So, I took the debit card and ran to the ATM for cash, ran it back to Ryan at the Y, and then set off again, this time for a run down to the road to a view of Whiskeag Creek and back. Not quite what I had intended but it worked out fine 😀 (5.0 miles)

Whiskeag view

After watching Sam's first event, the 50 back, I got into the sauna for a bit before her second event. Unfortunately, the sauna heater had been turned off overnight and no one had been in before me, so it wasn't super hot - only 100 degrees and warming up to 120 while I was in there. Honestly, those temps didn't feel all that bad 😂 so I'll take it as a good sign! And with that, heat training and all real training is a wrap! Just a few short runs next week to keep the legs moving, and then it is go time!! #seeyouinsquaw 

Sam posted some great times in all three of her events, and after the meet was over we headed into Bath to Bath Brewing for a yummy lunch. Grilled cheese with swiss, Raye's mustard and candied bacon, oh my! 😋😋

And now it is off to start packing... I just hope I can fit it all 😁😆😜

No comments: