Saturday, October 10, 2026

I'm So Glad I Live In A World Where There Are Octobers

Honestly not sure I'd survive somewhere that doesn't have a change of seasons. Spring and fall are my favorites. And when the leaves change in October and the air gets crisp and there is just that autumnal smell out on the powerlines, it always puts a smile on my face. 🍂🍁 

Tuesday was a 5:30 pm walk around the school with Ryan. Muggy but not raining. (2.6 miles walked)

Wednesday was a muggy overcast misty afternoon for a 4:00 pm run out in Highland Green, but the colors do pop on a grey day! Stopped to chat with the gentleman who I see often out along the Heath about the geese, mallards and the missing muskrats as well as the now defunct bog bridges that used to make a full loop around the Heath. He might love it out there more than I do ❤️ Also, dead things (a turkey skeleton, I think)! (6.0 miles)




Thursday was a 4:40 pm run out through Highland Green. Enjoyed the burgeoning mushrooms, foliage and a praying mantis sighting. Leaves are looking lovely. Muggy though. (6.0 miles)







Fridays used to always be a long run day, but honestly this year, work has been so busy that I really haven't been able to unplug on Fridays like I used to. So Friday was a morning and early afternoon filled with crossing things off the home to-do list and getting work done, which translated into yet another 4:00 pm run on the roads. In the rain. That's OK, just putting one foot in front of the other and getting it done. (6.0 miles)

Got out around 11:00 am on Saturday for a run on the powerlines. Nice but legs were a bit heavy. Some lovely little yellow fritillaries flitting about on the purple aster out near the dump pond. (9.0 miles)






Sunday was a 1:00 pm run out on the powerlines and around through Highland Green. So nice out! (10.0 miles)





Here are the September stats:

148.57 miles run
10.41 miles walked
0 miles xc skiied
2x weights

YTD:

1,374.97 miles run
94.41 miles walked
4.22 miles xc skiied
26x weights

No comments: