Full on summer here now, and a full week of work for us all. Sam is lifeguarding and teaching swim lessons and is up at the Y four days a week. Monday, she was at work until 8:00 so after work Ryan and I got out for a 5:30 pm walk around the school block before dinner. Nice evening. (2.6 miles walked)
Tuesday, I didn't manage to get out the door early so I headed out around 4:00 for a Topsham Crossing lollypop run. Overcast and reasonably cool - lovely. Unfortunately, legs felt like cement blocks ðĪŠðĪ·♀️ But on the plus side blueberries AND raspberries out there today! (6.0 miles)
Thursday, I got out for a run on the powerlines a little before 6:30 am. Nice morning. Lots of wood lilies and many stops for all the bright big delicious blueberries found along the Powerlines right now. Yum! Also saw an indigo bunting ðĪĐðĪĐ (7.0 miles)
Friday, I had to head into the office for a 9:00 am meeting, so I was up and out around 6:15 for a run that started on the cart paths, but the deer flies on the paths were so BAD - two flew into my mouth - gross!! Had to abort to the roads. One baby red edt on the paths by the Heath. Muggy, warm, heavy morning with a few showers at the end. (7.0 miles)
Saturday morning was really nice. Cooler and not humid, with only a few deer flies here and there - so much better than Friday! Headed out a little after 7:30 am onto the powerlines. Two deer seen, and many stops for blueberries and raspberries - I just can’t help myself! Also Mama raccoon brought her three babies by - adorable! I love my crazy critter backyard! ❤️ (10.0 miles)
Sunday, I volunteered in the morning at the finish line at the Breaker and didn’t get out before I headed over, so an afternoon run it was! Stuck to the roads to avoid the inevitable deer flies and enjoyed seeing some of the blue angels air show was I ran around and found a few good patches of raspberries too. Warm out! (10.0 miles)
Monday the 13th was another evening walk with Ryan before dinner. Nice and breezy. (2.6 miles walked)
Smoke from the wildfires in Canada came in on Tuesday, and Wednesday morning wasn't much better. The sky looked rather apocalypic when I headed out at 5:50 am, with the sun glowing red through a thick haze. Definitely very oppressive, and oh my goodness it felt heavy out there ðĨĩ Stuck to the roads but still couldn’t escape the deer flies. Boo. (6.0 miles)
Took Thursday off as originally I had been thinking we'd be heading over to Chalk Pond, but in the end Sam decided to stay home for the weekend so I ended up going over on Friday while Ryan left Thursday around dinner so he and Neal could golf on Friday morning. In any event, I decided to stick with the day off anyway. Headed out at 7:00 for a run on the powerlines. So much nicer than yesterday with clear skies and way less heaviness. Lots of raspberries to stop and eat and still some good blueberries. (8.2 miles)
Then after a quick lunch and packing the car, I said goodbye to Sam and headed over to NH. Very busy on the roads, but wonderfully quiet and gorgeous out once I arrived at Chalk Pond.
Ryan had picked up a BucketGolf game and he and Neal had set up three holes out in the backyard. We sat on the deck for a bit but then eventually made our way out back to play. It was quite ridiculous but also quite fun, and when Peyron and Nate arrived, we all joined in and had a lot of laughs while bumbling around hitting whiffle balls into the pond, the rhodies, the parking area, etc.
Then it was around the pond with the dogs for a walk. (1.19 miles walked), after which I picked up pizza for dinner, and we all hung out catching up. Always so nice to see everyone ð
Got to bed late, but everyone was up early as Nate, Peyron, Ryan, Neal and Kendra had a tee time at 7:00 am and I was planning on a longer run. Just as they were heading out the door at 6:30, it started to rain so I settled down on the couch to wait out the rain drops. Bohdi and Addie joined me for a bit of relaxation before I finally headed out around 7:30.



No comments:
Post a Comment