Tuesday, July 28, 2026

All the Berries

It's the most wonderful time of summer, when all the runs feature berry stops! 

Tuesday was an afternoon run on the powerlines. Nice, breezy, if humid afternoon with a trifecta of berries! Yum! Also somewhere in the first mile of the run, on 7/21/26, I hit 1,000 miles for the year. My notes tell me that in 2025, I hit 1000 miles for the year on 7/6/25; in 2024, it was the 2nd week of September due to being injuried; in 2023, it was 6/18/23; in 2022, it was 6/23/22; no idea in 2021 as apparently I did not document it; in 2020, it was 6/12/20 and in 2019 when training for Western States, it was 6/7/19. While I still have a goal to hit 2,000 miles for the year, it also seems that is not quite enough to get me to run even splits and have hit 1,000 by 6/30 this year! Oh well, onward and upward.  (7.0 miles)






Sam has been working until close at 8:00 pm up at the Y on Mondays and Wednesdays, so Wednesday, Ryan and I got out for a 6:00 pm walk before cooking up dinner. Nice out! (2.63 miles walked)

Thursday, I got out at 6:00 am for a run on the Topsham Crossing lollypop. Nice out. Berry trifecta again, because one just must stop to enjoy the midrun berries at this time of year! πŸ˜‰πŸ« (6.0 miles)

Friday was a 2:30 pm run on the powerlines after a morning spent doing errands and getting work done. Bright, breezy and warm, which is what I get for waiting until the afternoon. So it was a good excuse to just lollygag along and make a lot of berry stops! (10.0 miles)



Saturday was a 7:15 am run on the roads with a spin along the bottom edge of the Heath. Still managed to find some berries, though πŸ˜‚ (10.0 miles)


Then after lunch, we headed out to Harpswell to spend the afternoon at the Point with Phil, Kristen, Anne and crew. Always a fun time! It was a beautiful afternoon to be out along the ocean, slightly cooler than in town, bright and very calm. We ate, drank, the kids swam in the pool, we explored the tide pools (found two baby lobsters and a lot of hermit crabs!), and oh yes, Kristen and I beat the boys at cornhole! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ After dinner, we enjoyed the sunset and a fire before heading home for the night. So nice! 











Got out on Sunday around 9:15 for a wander down to the river and then out on the powerlines. Nice out. Bright and warm. Cardinal flower in bloom along the river and lots of berries. (12.1 miles)












No comments: