Monday, October 9, 2023

Early October

Another busy week but we are getting it done! Or at least trying 😜😝

But first a few more photos of the Homecoming Dance. Love seeing Sam and her friends looking so lovely and happy! 😍😎






Back to bit of summertime temps earlier this week. Ran out on the powerlines on Tuesday afternoon and it was warm out! Just loving all the aster everywhere this year, and that early autumn scent along the powerlines. Legs felt a bit clunky. (8.0 miles)


Wednesday, swim practice meant my time to run. Ran on the roads up to the lookout at Thorne Head. Lovely afternoon to be out, even if I felt a bit sluggish and not at all peppy. (8.0 miles)





Thursday, after work and running around getting a bunch of errands done, I headed out for a late afternoon walk around the school block. Stayed in my work clothes, which probably looked a bit funny.😆 (1.7 miles walked)


I had to be at work for a 9:30 call on Friday morning, and didn't quite get out as early as I had hoped, so I worked with the time I had. Ran out on the powerlines and enjoyed the colorful maples leaves, which have definitely become more prominent the past few days. (8.0 miles)




Then in the late afternoon, the three of us headed to Walgreens for the latest Covid booster and our flu shots and then headed to Brickyard Hollow for dinner. Those bacon cheese fries are delish!

Cool and rainy most of the day on Saturday. On the running front, I headed out around 8:00 for some hill work. Did 9 1-mile loops up and around Mt. A., with 1 1/2 miles to and fro. Two deer, one garter snake, several slugs and me 😂 So very humid. Or maybe it was raining slightly? Not sure ðŸĪŠ but so very soaked. (12.0 miles)

On the home front, Sam and Ryan put together her new desk, chair and shelves - part of her birthday present - and took the subsequent trip to the dump with all the old stuff, while I was on clean-up duty 😂 so many styrofoam bits! The new furniture looks great and the room looks a bit bigger with things moved around and the smaller, white desk. 

I had had plans to head out for a long run before Sam and I went over to Bradbury to volunteer at Ryan's aid station in the afternoon on Sunday for the Big Brad Ultras. However, my back was so not happy when I woke up. So much tightness. Did some extra stretching and rolling, but the long run was just not happening. In the end, a shorter shuffle down to the river it was. Things loosened up a bit as I went along, which was good, and at least with the extra time before we left, I was able to get Sam's birthday cake baked, which needed to happen anyway! (6.0 miles)





It is always fun to volunteer at our Trail Monster races, to cheer on runners, laugh with friends and be able to support this wonderful and crazy community 😊 Sam and I had a blast, although we both agreed it was tiring standing on our feet all afternoon! 


Then it was home to shower, have dinner and frost the birthday donut cake in advance of tomorrow's birthday celebration! 🍰🎂








No comments: