Sunday, April 9, 2023

Happy Easter!

With work and weather and Ryan still not doing much due to the bursitis on his heel plus who knows what else, I didn't get out to walk this week, breaking my "at least one walk a week" goal. Darn. Oh well. Such is life, I guess. Did manage to have a fairly decent run week, though, so I guess I'll take it.

It was a nice, warm, overcast afternoon when I headed out for a run on Tuesday. Ran some cart paths and looped around the Heath. Two deer, first colts foot of the season and the trailing arbutus has opened up. Snow is melting fast. (6.0 miles)





Wednesday was another afternoon run, this time on the cart paths in their entirely. Overcasta, damp and kind of dreary, but nice to be out on the gravel paths again! (6.1 miles)

Friday, I headed out from home for a run along the powerlines. A bright and windy morning. I was overdressed but the air was still cool in the shadwos, and while there was definitely still some snow to contend with, it is disappearing fast and was firm enough that it wasn't a big deal. (10.0 miles)



We headed down to Irene and Dana's once Sam got home from school. We haven't seen them since Christmas and we all have some busy weekends coming up, so we figured we had better make the trip while we could, or else it might be June before we saw them! 

With that, I decided to head over to Bradley Palmer on Saturday morning for my run. The started out on the GAC route, but then meandered off onto some trails I hadn't run before which led me to signs saying I was on the Greenbelt trail and leading to another preserve, Vineyard Hill. I felt a big sluggish, but it was a bright cool morning and fun to do a bit of exploring and find some new-to-me trails! So much skunk cabbage, but not much else, although the trees are definitely budding a bit more than they are up our way. Had a fun meander. (13.1 miles)





Sunday, I got out early so that I would be home in time for Easter morning omelettes and pancakes 😊😋 Ran a nice loop on the quiet roads, enjoying the daffodils blooming roadside. (8. miles)


All in all, a decent running week, and nice to be able to spend some time with Irene and Dana!

No comments: