Monday, September 12, 2022

Not the UXBBA

It has been a week! Work on the bathroom commenced and let's just say there has been a fair amount of issues and stress. Sigh. Never a dull moment. Poor Ryan is about ready to run screaming for the hills, and we aren't even doing the renovations ourselves. Aie. 😂😑😭😵😶

Monday was a holiday. I had made plans to meet up with Emma for a walk and coffee at Pineland, and although it was a bit misty and drizzly when we set out at 7:30, thankfully it wasn't pouring, so once we got moving, it was relatively pleasant out in the woods. We walked Oak Hill, and it was so great to catch up! 💗(5.0 miles walked)

Sam and I did make a trip out to Target later in the afternoon, but otherwise it was very low key the rest of the day. 

While Sam is settling in just fine to 8th grade, I am most definitely struggling with getting up in the darkness and getting in my running midweek in the early mornings. So I'm pretty much just shrugging my shoulders and adjusting. Which is to say that I did not get out into the rainy darkness on Tuesday morning and instead ended up running roads through Highland Green in the heavy sticky mist at 3:00 in the afternoon instead. Blerg. Kinda gross weather. But I did see this adorably cute little red eft. Only about 2/3 the size of my pinkie!! 😍(8.0 miles)


Thankfully Wednesday is late start, which means Sam doesn't get up until 7:15 and I have another hour to get in a run! Headed out a little after 6:00 onto the powerlines. Overall, feeling tired, but it was a pretty morning to be out. Low fog, mushrooms and dew-covered spiderwebs. (7.0 miles)





The tub that we ordered was defective. Ordered another one. Did not get up at 4:00 am on Thursday. Went into the office. Heard from Ryan that tub #2 had a huge gouge in it, and then that #3 had a hole in it. I searched around online and he was able to pick up tub #4 at another store, and thankfully that one worked. Gah. So much time and energy and stress wasted. Headed out at 3:00 pm onto the powerlines again. Kept it nice and mellow, and managed to convince head and legs to do the full distance I had planned for the day. Love the late summer asters, goldenrod and turtlehead. (10.0 miles)


Had a work training to attend on Friday morning until noon, and happily took the day off from running because I really needed a bit of rest. Got a few errands done after the training and then headed home. House is in disarray, with work stuff and drywall dust everywhere. But at least we will be able to shower in our own bathroom by tomorrow, even if the sink has been pulled out and we can't use that. Many thanks to Mom and Dad for letting us come over the past few days and use their shower - that has been a godsend! The remainder of the work on the bathroom will get completed next week. 

Saturday, I headed into Brunswick right at 7:00 so I could pick up some glazed pumpkin donuts from Frosty’s. Priorities, you know?! 😉🍩 Then I drove out to Pennelville to do a road run out to Simpson’s Point. Cool but very humid. (8.0 miles)

Then it was home to get some laundry and house cleaning done, mostly for my own peace of mind but also because Michael and Vicky were coming over later in the afternoon for dinner and so that Ryan and Michael could do an in-person assessment to help fix some ankle/leg issues. While they were doing that, Sam, Vicky and I went out on the powerlines for a mellow but toasty walk. (1.9 miles walked)

Didn’t sleep well overnight, waking up multiple times not feeling great and then when I finally did get up in the darkness at 3:45 am, I couldn’t even finish my breakfast and my stomach was a mess. But Emily and I were set to meet up and start the UXBBA at 5:35 am so I crossed my fingers, hoped things would settle down and headed over to the park.

Emily was already there when I arrived and after another stop at the bathroom, we set off with headlamps onto the east side for the Scuffle. Definitely slower going in the darkness and incredibly humid out. We were both soaked only a few miles in. 💦

I needed another bathrooom stop before we headed out on the mountain side to do the Breaker, and while Emily was running strong, I definitely was not and I was really feeling unhappy with how my stomach was feeling and how low energy I was. I was disappointed but after some internal back and forth, I made the decision to bail after one loop of the Breaker and sent Emily on her way, changing my shirt quickly at the car as I was drenched and just heading right home. I really didn’t want to see anyone and Ryan had not yet arrived. (11.0 miles)

After a shower, getting in a bit of liquids and putting my stuff away, I sat on the couch and after reading my book for a while, fell asleep! I never nap so when I woke up at 11:45, I at least felt like I had made the right decision and something really was off. Spent the rest of the day doing not much else but being a blob on the couch but did feel better after a bit of food later in the day. Definitely not the plan for the day, and I am sad and disappointed but hopefully can bounce back quickly after another day or two of rest. Blah. On the bright side, Emily finished strong and had a solid UXBBA - her first one ever - woohoo! 

Sam lucked out with a trip to Fielder's Choice later in the afternoon with Mom and Dad, so at least someone got ice cream to finish up the day. 😆

Realized I never did a running log for August, so here it is, a week late...

August wrap-up:
220.6 miles run
16.53 miles walked
5 full zero days

YTD:
1,469.8 miles run
181.47 miles walked
9.3 miles xc skied
35 full zero days

No comments: