Monday, September 5, 2022

8th Grade!

Monday was the first day of school. I know, it's totally cliche, but seriously, where did the time go?! I can hardly believe that Sam is now an eight grader. Only one more year of middle school remaining. Wow.

😍😎

We are working on getting our bathroom redone, which we've been talking about for like 10 years, so once Sam was home from school, the rest of the afternoon was spent over at Lowe's trying to get the final necessary items ordered and such, instead of taking a walk. I don't know how people do home improvement things all the time. We are finding no joy in it. That is just not who we are 😂

Back to school is going to be a bit of an adjustment to all of us, mostly because it means I really have to be on the ball getting up and out for my morning runs. And let's be honest, this week I just did not quite have it in me! Which means my two midweek runs this week were late afternoon runs. On Tuesday, Ryan and I headed out on the powerlines for a run together a little after 4:00 pm, as he hadn't had a chance to get his run in earlier in the day. It was a nice treat to have company, and while I hadn't anticipated him joining me for all my miles, he stuck with me to the end 😊 Hot and humid, but with a pleasant breeze at least. (8.0 miles)

I was working from home on Wednesday so started work at 6:00 which meant I was able to stop work a bit early and I headed out a little after 3:00 pm. Another hot and humid afternoon, and I'll readily admit to not feeling super spry. Wandered out into the Cathance for something different. Haven't been out there in a while, and wow, the river is super low right now. Also some lovely mushrooms sprouting after these past few rains. (8.0 miles) 



Thursday, I got out for a solo afternoon walk. It seems the humidity has retreated, at least for now. Lovely out! (1.7 miles walked)

Temps were down in the 50s overnight and we left the windows open upstairs. So nice to wake up to cool air on Friday morning! I headed over to the Brad around 7:30 and did some solo loops up and over and around on the mountain side with four summit trips. Then after 9.5 miles, I looped back to the car and met up with Mindy for another 5.5 miles on the east side trails. I haven't had the chance to get in many runs with friends this summer, and it was so nice to catch up and have her company. 😊 Also wonderful to not finish the run drenched. Ahhh! I hope this cooler and crisper air holds, so much nicer and more palatable than the summer heat and humidity!! (15.0 miles)


After the run, I met Ryan and Sam in town for Big Top and then after some errands and getting things done around the house, we headed over to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Then it was home to sleep as another long run was on the docket for the next day. 

Headed out around 7:30 on Saturday around town. Beautiful morning, although defnitely a bit more humid than Friday, but still nice and bright and breezy. Did some meandering mixing in roads and trails, with lots of colorful mushrooms seen in the woods. Legs a bit creaky and tired, but all things considered, felt OK. (20.0 miles)







The trend for beautiful weather continued into Sunday. Headed out on the powerlines around 8:30 for a relaxed wander, grateful that the legs felt decent and enjoying the sunshine, the late summer asters in bloom, and what was likely the last in-season handful of trailside blueberries. Also glad to see a few monarch caterpillars too! Happy to finish up the week with a solid 45 mile block over three days for 61 miles for the week. (10.0 miles)



Then after a bit of relaxation and lunch, we drove out to Harpswell for a walk down to the ocean at the Curtis Farm Preserve. Glad to get out with the family, and it is always nice to get down to the water. (2.1 miles walked)




And just because, here's Gigi "helping" me at the computer the other day 😹Silly kitty!

No comments: