Monday, November 1, 2021

Halloween Fun

Tuesday morning, I got out for a test of my Ultraspire waistlamp and headlamp. I had worn both a few times over the winter but haven't needed them much lately. Figured I had better ensure things were working well and felt good before Hamsterwheel though!😁😜 A dark, foggy, misty morning. The waistlamp/headlamp combo lit things up pretty well. One deer seen. (6.0 miles)

Wednesday, I just did not feel it and using the taper as an excuse, just said forget it! Did want to move a bit though, so put in my earbuds and listened to a podcast while I walked around the indoor track during Sam's 6:00 pm swim practice. Not my most preferred place to walk, but a nice option on a dark, windy night. (2.1 miles walked)

Friday morning, I headed over to the Commons after dropping Sam at school, doing the recycling and stopping at the farmer's market. A nice, bright, cool morning with lots of leaves underfoot. Ran into Nate in the final mile and stopped to chat with him for a bit, which was an unexpected surprise. (8.0 miles)




Saturday morning, I met up with Emma for a run at Pineland. It was so dark on my way there that I was fretting that I hadn't brought a headlamp! 😱 Thankfully, although it remained overcast with heavy cloud cover and the rain started shortly after we started our run, the skies brightened just enough to allow us to see in the woods without a light! Always fun to catch up with Emma. We ran Oak Hill x2, chatting away as we ran along. I'm so glad Emma will be joining me at Hamsterwheel next weekend! I know she is going to be a great not-so-secret weapon to keeping me moving!!! (8.8 miles)

With time rapidly ticking away towards Halloween, Sam and Ryan finally got to the pumpkin carving late in the afternoon. Sam did a great job doing a lot of the carving herself and the design is cute 🎃 Gigi was very intrigued with the whole process 😹








Then we headed over to Mom and Dad's for dinner, and Sam helped decorate some yummy pumpkin cupcakes that Mom had made. Yum! 



A lot of wind and rain overnight, with the rain pouring down like crazy in the middle of the night, and awoke to a lake out back, winds whipping and rain still falling. No need to rush out into the mess so had a rather leisurely Sunday morning and then finally headed out for my run around 9:00 am once skies cleared. Read later that we got over 4" of rain, and it sure seemed it out there! So.much.water! I went out into the Cathance to get out of the wind and check out the river and it didn't disappoint. River was roaring, trails were flooded and there were puddles galore. No chance of moving too fast on this run with all the water. Windy and warm. One fox seen galloping across the trail near the Heath. (7.2 miles)








After lunch, Sam and I went over to Mom and Dad's to help them finish up the Halloween goodie bags they were putting together for the evening and to get out for a walk. It had turned into a lovely afternoon, warm and bright. We walked down to the swinging bridge to check out the Androscoggin, which had risen quite a bit and was flowing along quite well! Then it was home to get ready for trick or treating! (1.5 miles walked)





After convening at our house so the girls could get dressed together, we headed back over to Mom and Dad's and found we had the whole neighborhood to ourselves! The littlest grandkids had all trick or treated already and apparently, the rest of the crowd didn't start up the hill until we were done, so in the meantime, we enjoyed the quiet streets and the girls picked up quite the stash of candy!! And as always, so fun to see the girls together 💗 We love this Halloween tradition!

Spring, Darkness and the Good Witch say "Happy Halloween!" 🎃


💗💗



I just love the expression on Sam's face 😂😂

Then it was back to our house for pizza, and of course, candy sorting, which is always the fun part! So.much.candy! 🍡🍫🍬🍭



 

No comments: