Thursday, September 24, 2020

If You Don't Like the Weather, Wait A Minute

Or in this case, the temperature! 

Monday was seasonable, and by the afternoon when we got out for a walk to check out the high school demolition and for a wander out on the powerlines, it was quite lovely. (2.4 miles walked) 




But temps dropped overnight and I actually turned on the heat Tuesday morning as it was 35 degrees out and only 58 degrees inside when I came downstairs at 4:30 am to get ready for my run. Wore hat, gloves, tights and a long sleeve shirt as I ran the cart paths. Chilly! And dark too on these early morning runs - I'm back to the headlamp and reflective vest too. Was able to turn off the headlamp with a few miles to go but it was too early and overcast for a sunrise. (6.1 miles) 

Wednesday morning was chilly too but in typical September fashion, by the late afternoon when Mom, Dad, Sam and I headed over to Rocky Ridge for some apple picking, despite the wind it was pretty nice out. Always a fun place to visit, and the Macouns are delish! (0.5 miles walked)









And then this morning, temps were back into the mid 50s and I was back running in shorts 😆😉 So seriously, it's true, if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute... Ran roads around town and was treated to some beautiful colors as I ran along the river. (7.4 miles)




No comments: