Monday, August 31, 2020

Summertime!: Week #11

Winding down on summer, but still some fun to be had. A busy week but a good one! So nice to have Mom and Dad here, even if things are still a bit chaotic as they sort through things. 💗

Monday: A long day of work spent at the kitchen table, most of it on the phone. There were a few visits from Dad with items from the moving truck, as they moved everything into storage, but otherwise, I stayed put on my chair for about 10 hours. And then Sam and I got out for a walk on the powerlines to move our legs. Still a few blackberries to pick and some lovely late summer asters on view. (1.8 miles walked)



Tuesday: Out early into the waning darkness at 5:30 am. It was hot, heavy and humid out, and even though I ran a "winter" route, looping around Highland Green and Canam, there was no denying it still felt like full on summer out there. Rescued one red eft en-route, moving him off the pavement outside the high school construction site. These little guys always make me smile 😍 (6.0 miles)


Went into work for the day and got the news that Mom and Dad got the results of their Covid test back - negative! Hurray! We recognize that the test just pinpoints a moment in time, and there is no guarantee that one of us won't get sick at another time, but for now, we are joyful and grateful and enjoyed having them come into the house Tuesday night so we could have dinner together 💗 We will all continue to take precautions out in the world so that we can spend time together and so appreciate that Maine is a pretty safe place to be right now.

But before dinner, Sam and I walked up the street to get our hair cut! The salon was taking all the right precautions and the two of us were the only customers in the storefront, which made me much more comfortable. Because, seriously, I really needed a haircut! 


Home for dinner and some time with Mom and Dad to wrap up the day. We are so happy to have them here! 💗


Wednesday: Sam lucked out with a trip to Popham Beach with Neenie and Pip. What fun!

They found the tiniest sand dollar! 😎





Fun in the water! 😎

Thursday: Up early for a run out along the powerlines. Too overcast for a sunrise, but it was at least cooler! (7.0 miles)


Came home to find this little cutie sleeping in the zinnias 💗🐸 I love it! I don't think I've ever seen a grey tree frog (which is what I'm assuming he is), here in Maine but I am enjoying having him out front!




Later in the day, Sam and I got out for a walk along the high school road to check out the demolition of the old school. They are making progress! (2.0 miles walked)


Friday: Woke up just not feeling it. Still a bit stressed in general with a lot going on. Decided I just needed a no pressure, zone out run so looped around town on the roads. Beautiful morning. Nice and cool. (10.0 miles)

Saturday: Stomach not feeling great at all when I woke up, so I just ran nice and easy from home. I guess it is a sign from my body to chill out a bit! The cool, damp air smelled of the coming of autumn and the onset of the rainstorm on its way. Finished up just as the first drops began to fall. (7.0 miles)

I love the changing viburnum berries at this time of year

Perhaps I should be more like Gigi? Although not sure if she's trying to camouflage herself as a pillow and not be seen, or if she's just so comfortable she doesn't care? 😹

With the rain falling, we spent the rest of the day doing a bit of reorganization in Sam's room and up in the loft, relaxed a bit on the couch and watched the final two Harry Potter movies. I still stick to my assertion that the books are way better at telling the story, but the movies were definitely entertaining. It was nice to have a quiet day.

Sunday: Ryan was meeting up with the TMR group at 8:00 so I was out the door at 5:45 am to get in my miles. Just squeaked in 10 miles before arriving home in time for him to leave on time! Nice and cool, if damp, morning with a pretty mist laying low along the powerlines. Two red efts, one broad winged hawk and one bluebird seen along with a few handfuls of blackberries eaten. Thankfully, felt much better than yesterday morning. (10.0 miles)

Pretty morning light



Camofluaged 



Ryan got home for lunch and then Mom and Dad came over a bit later, so we headed down to Harpswell for an afternoon walk. Beautiful, sunny, cool and a bit blustery, but still, a glorious day to be outside! We walked the Widgeon and Wilson Cove trails. So pretty and a great way to wrap up the weekend! (1.4 miles walked)




💗💗







No comments: