Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Whoa There!

Well, although my legs felt great and in my mind, I was raring to go this week, with four walks planned, the rest of my body apparently did not agree as I woke up on Monday barely able to talk, my voice was so hoarse. I didn't feel badly overall, just a bit sniffly otherwise, but not being able to talk was a real bummer! I decided I needed something warm and brothy for dinner so Sam and I had a soup date at Little Saigon on a cold, snowy night, which was fun! As Sam said, I'm sad that your throat hurts but I'm also happy since it means we got to get soup! 😉


Still not much of a voice yesterday but I bumbled through work speaking as little as possible. Then, when I picked up Sam last night to take her to swimming, she told me that her ear had been hurting her all day and that she had heard it pop this morning. Well, we've had enough go-rounds with ear infections to not mess around, so we skipped swim and I called the doctor to make an appointment. Amazingly, they were able to get us in last night at 5:00 so we were able to confirm, that yes indeed, it was an ear infection, and her lungs were also so tight from congestion due to the cold/cough she's had the past few weeks that she wasn't getting a lot of air in. They did a nebulizer treatment in the office and we left with a prescription for antibiotics for the ear and instructions to use her inhaler 2x a day for a few days to loosen things up. Sigh. Poor kid.

Thankfully both of us are much better today, with the antibiotics kicking in for Sam and my voice returning to about 90%. Here's hoping we continue on the upswing over the next few days! Assuming I do continue to feel better, I'm planning to walk on Friday and Sunday and to take a short run on Monday! But in the meantime, another day of rest tomorrow :)

No comments: