Friday, September 22, 2017

Mellow

A mellow week for me leading up to VT 50 on Sunday.

My legs had been feeling kind of cranky and tight last week, which had me a bit worried, but after a whole lot of rolling and tennis balling over the weekend and before my run on Monday, things felt better. Got in a dark, foggy, misty, humid 5.3 miles down to the river and back. Nothing much else to report.

In my slight panic over my tight legs last week, with VT looming, I booked a massage with my friend Lauren on Tuesday afternoon. If you are in the Brunswick area and are looking for a good massage therapist, check Bluewave Bodyworks out. It felt wonderful (and slightly painful) to get the knots and tightness worked on and smoothed out! I was thankful to be able to fit a visit in, as I think I really needed it.

Wednesday morning I got up and out early for a slightly modified run around the neighborhood with a trip out onto hole #3 and along the edge of the Heath thrown in to make the loop 4 miles. Yet another misty, foggy, muggy, heavy morning.

Last run for the week before VT was this morning at the Brad with Mindy and Val. It was cool and windy, my legs felt good, and it was wonderful to catch up as we ran along. Val took us on the outer fringe of the Bruiser and we got in a nice mellow 5.4 miles for the morning. Perfect!

Weather predictions for Sunday are showing a high of 91, which is a bit too toasty for my liking, but at least it appears the humidity we were feeling earlier this week has dissipated. I'm hoping for cooler temps, for sure, but I know I can suffer through a warm weather race with the best of them, and I'm looking forward to a good solid training day out in the hills of VT! :)

No comments: