Thursday, September 14, 2017

Beautiful Skies

I took off Monday and Tuesday, although there was a small amount of running done on Monday night at Sam's first XC practice of the season. Thankfully, although the kids started out fast and I was initially waddling along behind on my stiff legs from Sunday's miles, they know nothing of pacing and I sure as heck can outlast those little suckers so it was me who was running at the end while they needed walking breaks ;) #slowandsteady

Wednesday morning, it was up and out early for a tour around the golf cart paths with a lap of the Heath thrown. It was a four deer, one porcupine, beautiful sunrise kind of morning. Glorious. (7 miles)



This morning I headed out slightly later and was able to catch the glorious colors spreading through the sky as I hit the back of the Highland Green road loop. Another beautiful morning. (6 miles)


Sometimes it is hard to drag myself out of bed in the darkness, but mornings like these make my heart happy. There is something truly wondrous about watching the sun rise.


No comments: