Sunday, May 5, 2024

Waiting...

Waiting on the hamstring to heal is frustrating and maddening. Such a silly freak thing, and while I know I've been incredibly lucky with injuries in my running career, I can't believe it's a stupid little fall that's taken me out! Ugh. Trying to not be too grouchy or depressed about it, but I am definitely not feeling the most cheery right now.

It was a busy week work-wise, which kept me occupied as the leg was in no shape to do anything early in the week.

On Thursday evening, Sam had her spring chorus concert. There were some fun songs and the high school choir sounded great!

By Friday, my leg was feeling improved and I was starting to go a bit nuts. Sam wanted to go to the track meet after school to cheer on Lauren and Rohan in their events, and it was such a nice day, I told her I'd walk over there with her. First tracked movement all week. HA! 

From what I could tell, the meet was definitely not the most efficient. By the time we left, three hours later, Lauren had still not had the chance to throw the javelin, and apparently the meet went on until 9:00 pm. I mean, seriously! But we had a nice time hanging out, cheering on the runners, chatting with Laurent's parents and Rohan's mom, and I ran into a few other parent friends too. 


We finally felt at 6:30 to walk back home for dinner, and I actually think the leg felt better after a bit of movement. (1.28 miles walked)

Saturday morning, I headed downtown to pick up some donuts, do a few errands and for a short walk in the Commons. Nice, bright and sunny morning and good to be out in the woods. I'd rather have been running, but alas... first gold thread of the season, a few ladysipper leaves starting to emerge, bluebells beginning to show in the sunny spots and willow catkins looking pretty. (2.0 miles walked)




Had a mellow afternoon getting some stuff done around the house, and of course, watching the Star Wars marathon going on for the May 4th holiday 😉 before heading over to Mom and Dad's for dinner. 

Sunday morning, I headed out for a walk around the school block. Another nice morning. (2.0 miles walked)
 

Then mid-morning, we headed out to pick up Lauren, as the girls were going to see the noon showing of Kung Foo Panda, and Ryan and I decided to see the Phantom Menace, which was showing in theaters for the 25th anniversary. A good thing to do on a rather dreary afternoon.

April wrap-up:
165.79 run miles
13.85 walk miles
0.0 XC miles

YTD:
635.3 run miles
62.2 walk miles
0.0 XC miles




No comments: