Sunday, October 2, 2022

Taper Week 1

It was a busy work week. Annual meeting on Tuesday, auditors in the office all day Thursday and a half day on Friday. The start of the swim season. Phew. I was pretty wiped out by Friday. Not having to run too much was actually kind of nice, as I didn't have as much wiggle room this week in my schedule as I normally might.

Monday was the first day back at the Y for Sam, which meant the return of Monday afternoon swim walks for me! Beautiful afternoon to be out for a walk around Bath. (1.9 miles walked)


Didn't manage to get out of bed early on Tuesday morning, and was at work from 7:30 to 7:30. Needless to say, a run did not happen.

Wednesday's late start is a bit of a reprieve in terms of the early morning run, as I don't have to start quite as early although a headlamp was still needed for the first few miles of the run. Was a bit too early to catch the sunrise over the Androscoggin, but there was still a nice glow along the horizon. Nice and cool, if humid, morning. (7.0 miles)


5:30 am run on the roads through Highland Green on Thursday. One skunk and a nice pre-dawn sky in the final few miles. (6.0 miles)

Had to be in the office for part of the day on Friday as the auditors finished up their work on last fiscal year's financials and then had a bunch of errands to cross off my to-do list, so Friday's run ended up being an afternoon run during swim practice. Ran through Bath up to Thorne Head. Nice afternoon. (6.0 miles)


Ryan took off bright and early on Saturday morning to crew for Emily over in New Hampshire, where she was running Bubba's Backyard Ultra. I woke up to see him off and then spent a bit of time relaxing with my coffee before heading out for my run. Ran out on the powerlines and love how you can truly not only see but smell the seasons out there. Fall just has a distinctive smell - one of my favorites. Felt tired, but good to move on a nice crisp morning. (9.0 miles)



Sam joined the Dostie clan in Freeport for the afternoon at an arts fair, so I cleaned the house, did some laundry, and then spent some time reviewing my list for No Business and starting to get things organized. Then, as Sam was invited to spend the night, I ordered Pad Thai, which I enjoyed with a glass of wine for dinner while I watched Enola Holmes. Hadn't yet seen it, and Sam wants us to watch #2 together when it comes out next month, so I had to catch up. Cute movie. And honestly, it was nice to have a quiet solo afternoon and evening with nothing on the agenda except what I wanted to get done!


Ran down to the river and back on Sunday morning, enjoying the cotton sedge in bloom out in the Heath. Blustery and cool out. Definitely taking the less is more approach to the taper at this point. It was a busy week and next week promises to be more of the same, so no need to totally tire myself out! An hour out on the trails was perfect. (6.0 miles)



Then I picked up the girls and we headed up to Rocky Ridge to meet up with my parents and do our annual apple picking together. Definitely a bit chilly, but a lovely morning to be out wandering the fields, picking apples and eating cider donuts 😊 (1.0 miles walked)




😍😎😊






And as it is now October, it's time for yet another monthly wrap-up. 

September wrap-up:
223.25 miles run
15.53 miles walked
5 full zero days

YTD:
1,693.2 miles run
207.1 miles walked
9.3 miles xc skied
40 full zero days

No comments: