Monday, May 2, 2022

Windy

I feel like the constant backdrop to these past two months has been the wind. It has been relentless this spring! 

Monday, I took a solo afternoon walk because Ryan was planning to run and Sam straight up just didn't want to join in. I walked up over Mt. Ararat. Sunny, but windy. I mean, what else would I have expected?! (2.24 miles walked)

Tuesday, I got out for an afternoon run down to the river and back. It was spitting rain and I was tired, but glad to get out. (6.0 miles)



Ryan headed over to NY/VT for a work trip Wednesday and Thursday, so it was just Sam and I. On Wednesday, I had hoped to outwait the run, but alas, the early forecast was incorrect and it might have just been raining harder by the time I headed out around 3:00 pm after I had picked Sam up from school. Oh well! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰ Ran the Highland Green loop. (6.0 miles)

Azaleas are starting to bloom out front!

Friday morning, I headed north for a run up in the Camden hills. Had to pick up soup from Keri for Riverlands so might as well get a run in while I was up there! 😊It was cold enough that I was back in winter running gear and the wind was whipping quite strongly - I mean, seriously April?! - but it was nice to get back up in the hills. I ran a fun little figure-eight loop over Bald, out to Cameron and back in on Sky Blue. Good ocean views, a good mix of singletrack and packed gravel road and some nice quiet time in the woods. Not a whole lot of greenery yet, just a few false lily of the valley and starflower leaves coming up and one patch of yellow violets in a sunny spot on Sky Blue. (7.36 miles)






It was nice to catch up, even if briefly, and get a hug from Keri and Tyler at Moose Crossing during the soup pick-up, and then it was off on the back roads to Val's house, with a minor detour to Applewald Farm for donuts, jam and a whoopie pie πŸ˜‹ Delish!


Dropped off the soup and beer at Val's, and chatted outside in the sunshine with her and Rick for an hour or so before finally heading home. It was a full day and a lot of fun to get in a nice run and see a few friends along the way too 😍

Then it was off to take Sam for her Covid booster. Hurray! Especially with cases continuing to climb, I'm definitely grateful that she now has that extra protection of the booster. 

Saturday morning was yet again cool and windy. I mean, at this rate, maybe I should just stop mentioning the wind and assume it's implied?! πŸ’¨πŸ’¨πŸ˜–πŸ˜– Ran roads around town. (10.0 miles)


The original plan was for the three of us to head north up to Jamie and Kate's for an afternoon birthday celebration for Jamie, but Sam wasn't feeling great from her shot, so in the end, we sent Ryan off and the two of us stayed home. I was sorry to miss out on seeing everyone, but hopefully we can plan a summer trip to see them! And so with that, it ended up being a much quieter afternoon than intended, with Sam spending most of the day on her bed. We did get take-out noodles for dinner and settled in on the couch to watch Gnomeo & Juliet, which was a cute and rather amusing animation of what else but Romeo & Juliet, so that was fun but not much else to report.

Sunday, I had a leisurely morning sitting on the couch with an extra cup of coffee and then finally headed out for a run around 8:30 after Sam had woken up, feeling much better thankfully! I headed out on the powerlines and enjoyed the beautiful morning! (9.0 miles)

Then after lunch, we met up with Mom and Dad for a walk out at Curtis Farm Preserve in Harpswell. Bluets, violets and some wild strawberry flowers blooming in the upper field plus a lot of false lily of the valley and starflower leaves coming up in the woods. Enjoyed skipping some rocks down in the cove and spending some time in the sunshine! The wind was a bit chilly, but it was still quite nice. (2.0 miles walked)





On the running front, things are coming along slowly but surely, with a few longish runs run and some decent, if not enirely high, mileage. Onward!

April wrap-up:
187.69 miles run
28.18 miles walked
4 full zero days

YTD:
661.6 miles run
91.9 miles walked
9.3 miles xc skied
17 full zero days

No comments: