Sunday, September 19, 2021

A Bit of Recovery

Monday, Ryan and I got out for a nice late morning recovery walk. Legs a bit stiff and definitely tired overall, but good to get in a bit of movement. (2.1 miles walked)

Did not get up early on Tuesday (see a trend here? 😆😉) so headed out on the powerlines around 4:00 for a run. Beautiful day with a decent breeze. Kept it nice and easy. A bit creaky but not bad. (6.0 miles)

Wednesdays are a good day for running, due to late start for Sam, but they are also good for a bit of extra morning relaxation, and that is what I chose this week 😉😊 Taking a down week, so no need to cram in the miles, and it was nice to be able to get back in bed after I fed the cats and then still have a bit of quiet time in the semi-darkness before the rest of the house woke up. Ahhh....

But that meant that I was also up with my headlamp on running in the muggy darkness on Thursday morning 😁😂 Ran roads around Highland Green. Had to modify things a bit as on the way out, I had to run through someone's yard to avoid some road construction. I wasn't too worried at 5:45 but I didn't really want to do it again on the way back! (6.0 miles)

Friday morning was a road trip up to Schmid Preserve up in Edgecomb to meet up with Val and Keri for a Friday morning run! Yay! It has been way too long. It was such fun to chat as we ran along, and always neat to run some new-to-me trails! Cool area with some neat moss-covered stone walls, old foundations, an old well, some nice woods to explore and even a "Scout's Trail"! Thanks, ladies! (5.7 miles)








Ryan was headed to Bradbury Saturday morning for his long run, so I was up early so I could get out and get most of my miles in before Sam woke up. Two of these cuties were out back, chomping on birdseed. Such fun!


Then it was off into the mist for a road run. It was such a heavy misty fogy that it was essentially like running in a light rain. I was soaked. But the mist was clinging to the spider webs all along the route, which was quite lovely. (8.0 miles)


After lunch, Sam and I picked up Mom for an afternoon walk on the Widgeon and Wilson Cove trails down in Harpswell. These short trails are hidden gems, yielding many mushrooms and some lovely ocean views. The fog had lifted and it was a really nice afternoon to be out for a woodsy wander before we headed to Fielder's Choice for ice cream! 😃🍄🍦 (1.25 miles walked)










This morning, I headed over to Bradbury to meet up with Emma for a run. Cool and bright, but quick humid. We stuck to the east side and the trails were incredibly slick and muddy from the rain that fell overnight and all the traffic from the 12 hour bike race that occurred at the park on Saturday. We had fun chatting away as we ran along. It is always nice to catch up with Emma! (10.0 miles)

It was just so nice out that when I got home, I suggested we head out for a walk. We walked out on the powerlines and up to the top of Mt. A, before taking a lap around the new track, which is really pretty sweet! (2.7 miles walked) 



No comments: