Thursday, July 29, 2021

Start of the Week

Monday, I took a total rest day. No running or walking. I felt like I needed it, but on the other hand, it is nice to move! But I knew I would be pretty busy running and walking the rest of the week so I wasn't worried about one true zero day.

Tuesday morning, I was up and out a little before 6:00 am for a run on the cart paths and down to the river and back. Very humid, with the smoke from the western wildfires turning the sun into a bright red orb in the hazy sky. One great blue heron, a handful of blackberries to eat, towhees calling and bullfrogs croaking. (8.0 miles)


Witch's butter


That evening after work, we headed down to Falmouth to Theresa and Dave's house for a family get-together. Due to the pandemic, we hadn't been to see their house, which they moved into last summer, and Jason, Amy and Nick, plus the kids, were all in town for the week visiting. Sarah and Tom were there too, as were Susie and John and Mom and Dad. It was the first time we had seen Jason, Amy, Nick and the kids since Mim's memorial service! Nick cooked up lobster and mussels to have with the corn and salads everyone brought, and Sarah made up a delish blueberry galette and homemade ice cream. Yum! It was really nice to be able to all be together and catch up. Grateful to have a chance to see everyone! #thanksscience💗


It was a fun but late night, but as I was off on Wednesday and had a long laundry list of things to do after my run, I was up and out early anyway. I wanted to get in some miles this week before we headed north for our camping trip, but I didn't want to wreck myself and I was also cognizant that I had run 21 miles on Saturday, so I settled on a medium-long run. I headed out for a short loop in the Cathance and then onto the powerlines. Three deer, one snowshoe hare, one great blue heron plus a ton of mushrooms seen, plus blackberries, blueberries and raspberries eaten. Felt pretty decent considering, and was glad for cooler temps and a bit less humidity. Although I was still of course soaked by the end of the run 💦😂 (15.0 miles)







Spent the rest of the day getting ready for our camping trip. It is always great once we get there, but getting everything organized and into the car is always a challenge!

This morning, I rolled out a little after 6:00 for a run on the roads. In the low 50s and with little humidity - felt lovely! A bit tired, but a nice bright sunny morning to get in some miles. Glad to have been able to put together a nice little block of mileage the past three days, although admittedly, my more ambitious plan had be running 40 miles, not 31. Ah well, given the craziness of the past few days and wanting to be sure I have energy for some fun the rest of the week, I'm going to call it good! (8.0 miles)

And now it is time to head north! ⛺

As an added bonus for this start of the week wrap-up, here are two of the cute visitors we had out back the other evening! Little fox kits - so cute! 😍😍


 


No comments: