Saturday, January 2, 2021

Headed into 2021

Headed out into the bright, cool, calm morning on New Year's Day for a road run. Because you can't start a new year with a zero day! Listened to and laughed along with the final 2020 Work, Play, Love podcast as I rambled along. Saw one bald eagle, sitting atop the evergreen tree where I saw the pair several weeks ago. And then came home and ate a piece of gingerbread 😉😋 There is no January diet or restricted eating in this house. (7.0 miles)


Spent the rest of the morning taking down the Christmas tree, putting away all the holiday stuff and getting the house cleaned. The lights, however, remain. They'll stay up until the time change in March. Say what you will, but I don't really consider them Christmas lights - they're happy lights 😊 and I like the extra cheer they bring to the house in the long darkness of winter.


After lunch, I finished up the cleaning and Sam and Ryan got the last of the Christmas games put away and the TV console and game shelf cleaned out, and then we finally headed outside for an afternoon walk. A good meander together out in the woods on the Head of Tides trails. (3.0 miles walked)


While I'm not sure exactly what this year will bring, I did put together a rather loose training plan for 2021 as I officially have a race on the calendar! No Business 100.

I was signed up in 2020 and had really been looking forward to it, but even though the race ended up happening - with a lot of Covid precautions - for us it was simply a no go due to the pandemic and all the travel required to get there. And that is OK - it was just not meant to be. However, I was able to defer to the 2021 race and took advantage of that to get my name on the entrants list. 

Obviously I have no idea how the next 10 months are going to shake out, and I signed up with the full recognition that it may or may not happen and that family and safety always come first, but it feels good to have a goal out there and something on the calendar to train for! Cheers to dreaming big and having hope 💜💜



No comments: