Monday, November 23, 2020

It's Official!

On Friday, Mom and Dad closed on their condo so they are now officially Maine home owners! 🎉🏡 We are so excited for them, and so happy to have them only 2.5 miles down the road! 💗 The place looks great and I think it is going to be the perfect spot for them. 

But before that, back to the rest of the week... Monday was an intentional zero day, but I seriously have to work on the Tuesday morning run! Not sure why it is so hard to get out there... so yet another Tuesday morning run missed. Went into work for the morning and came home for lunch. With afternoon light fading fast these days, we decided to make a break for it and get in our walk after Sam had finished her school work and Ryan had eaten his (what I always call a late) lunch. Stuck to the roads and the looped around the deserted road up in the Canam neighborhood. Kinda creepy but interesting to see how nature has taken over. (2.7 miles walked)

Wednesday, I headed out just as the sky was beginning to lighten. Cold with iced over puddles, a pretty sky and a strong, chilly wind. Ran the powerlines. (7.1 miles)



Didn't warm up much all day, so our early afternoon walk was a cold one. Brrr! We were all bundled up but the wind was biting. Walked past the high school, where they are making fast work of the removing the remaining structure, and looped up into the woods on the way back to stay out of the wind. (2.3 miles walked)



Thursday, I headed out into the darkness to run the cart paths. Temps were hovering right at 20 degrees, but although it was colder than Wednesday, it was calm so it didn't seem that bad. And a pretty sunrise too! (6.1 miles)


I have my eye on 2,200 miles for this year, but I am also finding it hard to motivate right now. Lack of light, the greyness of November, what seems like so much time spent alone running this year without the lightness that running with friends brings, lack of variety in routes right now due to the hunting season, and so much time spent sticking close to home due to the pandemic. All of these things seem to be pushing against my will to get out the door and are making running a bit less joyful at the moment. I know I am better and happier and saner when I get out the door and run, so I just need to keep going, and not let my head get the better of me. Of course, I recognize that I am insanely lucky to be able to be running, to have beautiful places so close to me to run to and to not be injured, and I know that mileage doesn't really matter, but having some sort of goal does help keep me determined. As of the end of the week, 1,972 miles have been run. Can I get the other 228 miles before December 31st? It seems doable, but I'm going to have to stay on top of it and squash the dreariness! 

Friday morning, I dropped Sam at school, took the recycling to the dump and then headed out from home, clad it a lot of orange, onto the powerlines. So dreary, but nice and mild out at least. Over 20 degrees warmer than Thursday morning! Crazy weather. (8.0 miles)


Mom and Dad closed on the condo mid-morning 🎉🎉, which is so exciting. I know it has been sort of a tough 3 months for them after they moved up here not having their own place and being slightly unmoored, but I think this is going to be a great place for them. We are so happy it worked out! 

Saturday morning, Ryan was meeting my dad and the movers at the storage unit, so I headed out soon after the sky started to lighten to get my run in, and was rewarded with a colorful sky as I ran through the fairgrounds and a beautiful sunrise over the Androscoggin 😍 So pretty, and another balmy morning. (6.0 miles)



Got a few things done around the house and then Sam and I met up with Mom over at the new house to unpack the car before the movers arrived. Once they got there, it was several crazy hours of putting boxes in the right spot, helping get the beds set up and then finally, the last things were off the truck and it was done! Of course, then the real fun began! Nothing like being surrounded by boxes 😁😁📦📦

We got to work unpacking some of the important stuff for the kitchen and bedroom and then realized we were all exhausted 😴 and stopped for an early pizza dinner. Nothing like moving chaos!


Early to bed for everyone Saturday night! I was awoken by Ronnie doing circles around my head early on Sunday morning - sigh - but it took a while for me to actually get out of the house for my run. Decided to keep it short and sweet this week, and ran out into the Cathance to enjoy the woods. Pretty morning. Crisp and bright. (8.0 miles)



Then it was across the street for a family walk before lunch. Guessing the high school demolition is going to be complete in a day or two. It has been interesting to see how they've taken the structure apart. Not much left now. (2.0 miles walked)

Interesting milkweed 'sculpture' roadside

Then it was back to Mom and Dad's for the afternoon. There is a lot of unpacking and reorganizing to be done, but we still had a bit of fun and made some progress too 😉😊





And just in case you need more photos... 😃

Gigi was not quite sure about Sam's lap, but she was the one that jumped up there!

And an early morning scene of the two kitty cat vultures 😹😹

No comments: