Friday, December 28, 2007

I'm tough!

During my lunch break today while browsing the internet, I came upon an article by Don Allison on www.coolrunning.com, and couldn't resist posting the final paragraph, quoted below, that made me smile:

"The truly hardy, however, will simply slough off the cold, ice, and snow, carrying on with their normal running routines. Sure, you’ll run a little slower and it will be occasionally frustrating, but dealing with winter through steely stoicism is admirable and will add a layer of toughness, which always comes in handy. In the end, no matter how you get through the challenging conditions of the season, take comfort in the fact that spring is just three (long) months away."

So there you go... for all the running I've done this past month in the snow and ice and slush, and for all my winter road training yet to come, I'm tough! Or is it crazy? :-)

1 comment:

sn0m8n said...

Great. She's getting tougher. I won't live to see 35.