Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Back At It

Cool and windy this morning - only 41 degrees when I came downstairs. That is pretty cold by NC standards and it is still in my temperature realm for wearing tights! Too bad I didn't bring any with me 😆 So instead I did some exercises, drank more coffee and waited until around 9:30 when temps had warmed to 47 degrees to head out 😁 Then I headed out for a recovery run around the River Landing block. The sun was bright and warm but brrrr, that wind was brisk! Saw an Egret, a Great Blue Heron, one beautiful Green Heron, an osprey perched on a tree branch chirping away with a big fish in its talons, tons of swallows flitting about to and fro above the berm ponds and several turtles. Legs felt decent. (5.0 miles)

While I got some work done this afternoon, Sam, Pippi and Ryan headed out for a round of golf. We joined them on hole 7, which is right outside the back door. The wind was whipping but they were having fun! 😃⛳









No comments: