Sunday, October 6, 2024

Early October

Monday was a day off, and Tuesday I was up and out early for a run through Highland Green. Beautiful sky as the sun rose. I kept stopping to take pictures but they did not do it justice 😆(5.3 miles)






Wednesday, I ran the road over the river into Brunswick for my "two bridges" loop. Quiet and overcast. (6.7 miles)


Thursday's movement was a walk during swim practice. Beautiful out. (2.0 miles walked)

Friday, I got up and out early. Misty and foggy out, and feeling tired. Ran around Highland Green to take advantage of the street lights. (5.0 miles)
 

Then after getting Sam to school and running a few errands, I headed over to Pineland to meet up with Val and Mindy for a walk. So good to catch up with them, and fun to hear about Val's race! 😊Followed up by a coffee and bagel sitting out in the sunshine. (3.1 miles walked)

Saturday it was back to Pineland (two time in one week after not being over there for a long time!), this time for a run on Oak Hill with Emma! Really great to see her and so good to see how strong she is feeling! But oh my goodness, I have not been doing any hills and I could tell 😜 Damp and misty. (5.0 miles)


Then it was home and off to get our flu and Covid shots. After lunch Sam went over to Kylee's house to hang out, and Ryan and I got the house cleaning done, the A/C out and then relaxed a bit on the couch before dinner. I was feeling pretty tired so I went to bed early. 

Had hoped to sleep in a bit, but Ronnie the cat had other plans. Sigh. Oh well. Spent a quiet few hours downstairs with my coffee before finally motivating to do my exercises and get out the door to run. Ran out on the powerlines. Cloudy bright and very fall feeling out there. Also, one very friendly kitty seen and petted 😺 (8.0 miles)




And just for fun, more Homecoming photos 😍








With September coming to a closer at the start of the week, here is the monthly wrap-up:

September:
103.53 run miles
25.54 walk miles
0.0 XC miles

YTD:
1,074.27 run miles
239.9 walk miles
0.0 XC miles

Managed to hit 1,000 miles for the year in the 2nd week of the month, and planning to gently continue the trend of increasing mileage back up to what I consider my happy base mileage of 40 miles a week. Happy to be back out there.

No comments: