Sunday, November 20, 2022

Back to Reality

Back to a normal week and more seasonable temps. But with such a big shift between the warm weather we had been having and the windy 30 degree temps we woke up to on Monday, it seemed extra cold! I really didn't want to run in the cold darkness in the morning, so settled on just getting in a walk on the indoor track during swim practice. Good to get in a bit of movement. (2.2 miles walked)

Tuesday, I worked from home so had the luxury of running after I dropped Sam at school. Ran the cart paths. Cold, bright and calm. Many iced over puddles and some needle ice forming on the Powerlines. (6.0 miles)

Was surprised that the forecast of snow actually amounted to anything but sure enough, woke to snow on the ground and still spitting on Wednesday morning. Headed out a few minutes after 6:00 am for a loop around Highland Green. Sloppy and slushy but the first snow of the season is always fun! Of course it was melted by the time I got home from work πŸ˜‰ (6.0 miles)



We've had a whole saga this week with the dryer breaking and figuring out that the industry standards for machines now requires them to be 2" bigger than our current machines which are like 14 years old, which means the lovely countertop we had installed above the washer/dryer in the new bathroom is going to have to be fixed and lifted up another 2"+ inches so we can get new machines in there. Gah! 😱 Let's just say there's been a bit of stress in the house... not to mention laundry drying everywhere! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ Never a dull moment around here. Maybe that's why I've felt a little off and tired! HA!

The original plan for Friday was to meet up with Val and Anne for a run, but in the end that didn't work out with Anne's kids being sent home from school because of one of those ridiculous hoaxes that are going around 😑and Val's glutes not wanting any additional miles πŸ˜”, so I set out to get all my errands done first. Took most of the morning to make the rounds to Hannaford, Target, the pet food store, Tractor Supply for birdseed, and to drop off library books and recycling, so I ended up eating an early lunch and then heading out for my run around 1:00. My right hip flexor was making a bit of noise and I know I'm still recovering from the 100, but I do admit to wishing I could just pop right back to feeling smooth running! Just not quite there yet, and trying not to be impatient... In any event, bright and breezy, with needle ice and thin slicks of ice on the puddles and down the rocks now evident on the powerlines. Tis' the season. (6.6 miles)


Spent the rest of the afternoon doing a laundry jigsaw puzzle, cleaning the house and getting soup made for dinner with Mom and Dad. Definitely a good night for a warm bowl of soup and good to catch up with them!

Headed out a little after 7:00 Saturday morning and ran on the cart paths and down to the river. Cold and bright, with one deer seen, thin slicks of ice out in the Heath and the vernal pool, leaf-covered trails, and a roaring river. Did some extra stretching, rolling and such before I headed out and hip flexor felt better. Kept it nice and easy. (8.0 miles)





Sam’s first swim meet of the season in the afternoon and she had a full event schedule - 50 free as part of a relay, 200 free, 100 fly and 100 back. Whew, I was tied just thinking out all that racing πŸ˜‚ and she was certainly wiped out when I picked her up! But she did great with some solid swimming πŸ’ͺ🏊‍♀️ So, of course, we stopped at Fielder’s Choice so she could refuel πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‹πŸ¦ In my mind, there’s no excuse needed for ice cream so I had one too πŸ˜†πŸ˜†


Sunday morning, I met up with Emma for a nice walk at Pineland. Always good to catch up! Cold and bright, but we warmed up walking along at a good pace as we chatted away 😊 (5.0 miles walked)


Wanted to get in some running miles for the day too, but decided to give myself a bit of grace and just take the long walk as my exercise for the day. 26 miles of running and 7 miles of walking for the week is completely fine at this point, and I know there is no rush to get back to it, even if I somtimes have trouble convincing myself of that πŸ˜‚

In other news, it's a rough life for Gigi in this house... 😻😹


...and Ryan got the happy lights put up for me! Hurray. Always makes me smile 😊









No comments: