Sunday, November 6, 2022

November

November and the time change already? Where has this year gone?! I will be happy to have some daylight back in the early mornings next week and hopefully I’ll do better about actually getting out and running before work πŸ˜‚ That didn’t quite happen this week! 

Monday was a day off from running and a busy one with work and Halloween so not even a walk, unless you count our short leisurely stroll around mom and dad’s neighborhood while the kids collected candy πŸ˜‰πŸ­πŸ«πŸ¬

Tuesday, I just did not want to get up and out into the darkness at 5:30 am so I settled on an afternoon run instead πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š Ran a shortened version of the cart paths. Warm and muggy. Legs felt heavy but that isn’t all that surprising. (5.0 miles)

Wednesday was late start but at this time of year, that still means running in the dark so since I was working at home, I went out for my run after dropping Sam at school instead. Road loop around town. Another warm day. Legs still felt heavy πŸ˜‰ (5.4 miles)

Was on swim duty for the evening so walked around the track for part of practice. (2.0 miles walked)

And I think I can finally say, after two weeks, that the cough is officially gone. Hurray! Of course then Sam picked up some germs and was feeling so poorly, we let her stay home from school on Friday. Poor kid. I think the extra rest was necessary though. 

After a few morning errands, I headed out for a mid-morning run down to the river and back. Quads are a bit sore and overall, my legs still feel leaden, but oh well, I'll just plod along here and hope they come around eventually! Pretty morning to be out. Very leafy on the trails with the river still roaring and two deer seen. (5.8 miles)



Ryan headed over to NH to Chalk Pond with the boys for the weekend, so Sam and I had a quiet evening on the couch eating takeout noodles and watching Enola Holmes 2. Very cute, and I love the female empowerment angle. πŸ’ͺ

Lazy Saturday morning complete with a chocolate croissant that Dad dropped off from the new bakery in town πŸ˜‹πŸ₯ so I didn’t get out for a run until 9:00. Donned my brightest orange and headed out on the Powerlines out to the church. It’s a pretty safe trail route even for a Saturday during hunting season as the trail is so close to so many houses, and I really didn’t feel like road running. Kept it nice and easy. Warm and bright. Legs felt better this morning. (5.3 miles)


Thankfully, Sam seemed much more peppy and was feeling better after a good sleep, so we got out for a few errands during the day and then joined Mom and Dad to celebrate Dad’s birthday with thai food and pumpkin pie Saturday evening. Happy Birthday, Dad, we love you! πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰❤️

Happy Birthday, Dad!



Wow, the weather this week really has been a bit nuts. 65 degrees when I woke up on Sunday morning. That is crazy warm! Headed out around 7:30 for a run on the cart paths. (5.0 miles)



I told Sam when I got back from my run that it was ice cream weather πŸ˜‚and she could choose where we went after we took a walk. She was feeling better and it was just too nice to sit inside all day. Seems fair, right?! I mean, nothing like bribery to get your child out the door πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†We headed over to Skofield Shores after lunch and had a nice walk and talk while picking our way along the leaf-covered loop through the woods and then down to the water. Always a pretty spot. Very warm and muggy for November, and very windy down at the shore. All kinds of wacky weather going on! (1.4 miles walked)



Always love this view and so pretty with the fall colors



Windy!




Then it was up to DQ in Woolwich, as Sam has been wanting a blizzard since her birthday weekend when we tried to go to the Topsham DQ only to find it closed early for the season! She was a happy kid to get her ice cream, and I'm always happy to have the chance to hang out with her, as otherwise, she pretty much spends as much time as possible in her room like a true teenager πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š A fun way to wrap up the weekend!


With it being so warm this week, we’ve had the windows open to get some fresh air in the house. The cats love the open windows!

Kitty shadow 😻





No comments: